Apply for Social Security Disability Benefits in San diego
Many different types of disabilities can prevent an individual from returning to work within a reasonable time and in some cases, prevent an individual from ever working again. The qualified Social Security disability attorneys at Social Security Disability Attorney Group have helped people suffering from all types of disabilities collect benefits. Their cases have involved individuals suffering from:
- Brain injuries
- Anxiety disorders
- Bipolar disorder (manic depressive)
- Degenerative disc disease
- Spinal cord injuries
- Burn injuries
- Amputation injuries
- Hearing or speech loss
- Vision loss
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Heart arrhythmias
- Other types of injuries or illnesses
SSDI Lawyer in San Diego
If you or a loved one is suffering from a disability, the Social Security Disability Insurance (DI) program can provide assistance. You can apply for benefits online at the Social Security Administration’s (SSA’s) website or you can call the SSA directly to file a disability claim. You can also visit your local Social Security office to file a claim. It’s important to note; the disability claim interview takes about an hour, so make sure you give yourself enough time.
You should file a claim as soon as you become disabled. The sooner you file a claim, the sooner you will be able to collect benefits. When you apply for benefits, you will be asked to fill out an application form. To expedite the application process, it’s highly recommended you provide:
- Your Social Security number
- The names, addresses, and numbers of the doctors, hospitals, clinics or caseworkers that treated you.
- The dates and times of your doctor visits
- Name and dosage of the medication you are currently taking
- Medical records from any healthcare providers/institutions that treated you (please include all lab and test results)
- Your birth certificate
- Your most recent W-2 (if you are self-employed, provide a copy of your tax returns for the previous year)
- A brief description of where you worked and what job you performed
SSDI Attorney in San Diego
Don’t stress if you can’t gather all of this information right away. The caring DI lawyers at Social Security Disability Attorney Group know how daunting the application process can seem. But, don’t let the process of applying for benefits stop you from seeking legal guidance. Let a knowledgeable SSDI attorney in our group handle the application process, so you can focus on your health and your family. Upon hiring, the attorney representing you will gather the information he or she needs to make sure your disability claim is not denied.
Disability Lawyers in San Diego
There’s no reason to juggle the Social Security disability program on your own. In fact, you are much more likely to get a satisfactory result when represented by a competent disability lawyer at Social Security Disability Attorney Group. Connect with our group today by calling 619-737-2157 or by submitting a case contact form. The initial consultation is free and your case will be taken on a no recovery, no fee basis.